POPP ZB-Stick (Zigbee) is designed for general usage with PCs, laptops or single board computers like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Odroid, Orange Pi and others. It is based on EFR32MG1 SiLabs chip, which is a 2.4-GHz, IEEE 802.15.4/Zigbee microcontroller.
POPP ZB-Stick (Zigbee) is preprogrammed with Network CoProcessor firmware and provides USB interface through CP2102N USB-UART bridge. When plugged into a computer it’s shown as a Serial Port. You can buy smart home devices that usually use IoT technology.
With an increasing number of Zigbee devices: Philips Hue, Osram, Iris, Ikea Tradfri, Xiaomi Aqara, and others – it's interesting to use these products for Do It Yourself scenarios. Using the POPP ZB-Stick (Zigbee) you can directly communicate with these devices, using programming languages like Node.js, Python, and C or using ready to go plugins for different Home Automation platforms.
- 2.4GHz globally recognised frequency
- Zigbee compatible microcontroller EFR32MG1 inside
- Size: 28 x 16 x 8mm
- Rx sensitivity: -99dBm
- Max Tx power: 13dBm
- Visual range communication: 200m
- USB interface with standard NCP commands from Silicon Labs. Easy to use as Serial Port on the Host machine (PC/laptop/single board computers)
- Multiple plugins for openHAB, Home Assistant, Node-RED and other DYI platforms C, Node.js and Python libraries to build your own application
For a tutorial to see how to use the ZB-Shield with Home Assistant or other softwares please visit popp.eu/zb-stick .